How to use the Rug Doctor
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed. Please read below if you are a first time Rug Doctor user.
Safety instructions for use of electrical equipment
WARNING: To reduce risk of fire, electric shock or injury:
- Do not leave appliance when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before servicing
WARNING: To reduce the risk of electric shock - use indoors only:
- Do not allow to be used as a toy.
- Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Use only as described in this manual.
- Use only manufacturer's recommended attachments.
- Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If appliance is not working correctly, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to the rental outlet.
- Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close a door on cord, or pull cord around sharp edges or corners.
- Do not run appliance over cord. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
- Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Do not put any object into openings.
- Do not use with any openings blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair and anything that may reduce air flow.
- Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids or use in areas where they may be present.
- Do not use to pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches or hot ash.
- Do not use without filters in place.
- Connect to a properly grounded outlet only.
- See "Grounding Instructions."
- Use only on surfaces moistened by the cleaning process or small spills.
- Do not place machine in standing water or try to clear flooded areas.
- Do not clean over floor electrical outlets.
- Do not use without upper (white) tank in place.
- The use of an extension cord is not recommended.
This appliance must be earthed. If it should malfunction or break down, earthing provides a path of least resistance for electric current to reduce the risk of electric shock. The Rug Doctor machine is equipped with a cord having an equipment-earthing conductor and earthing plug. The plug must be plugged into an appropriate outlet that is properly installed and earthed in accordance with all legal guidelines.
DANGER: Improper connection of the equipment-earthing conductor can result in a risk of electrical shock. Check with a qualified electrician or service person if you are in doubt as to whether the outlet is properly earthed. Do not modify the plug provided with the appliance. If it will not fit the outlet, have a proper outlet installed by a qualified electrician. This appliance is for use on a nominal 230- 240 volt circuit, and has a earthed plug.
User maintenance instructions
When using the Rug Doctor extraction machine, care should be taken to ensure that the power cord is not damaged by sharp objects, excessive bending, pulling or pinching. When cleaning task has been completed, the power cord should be stored by wrapping it around cord hooks on the handle. Tuck the plug between the layers of cord. All servicing of Rug Doctor machines should be performed only by authorised service representatives.
Do I need to visually check the plug and cable for any damage that may have occurred in transit before I use the machine?
As damage may occur in transit, please fully unwind the cable and visually inspect it for and splits, gouges or tears. Please also inspect the plug. If any damage to either is seen DO NOT USE THE MACHINE. Return it to the rental outlet and advise them of the damage so we can arrange repair.
If you have any problems with your Rug Doctor machine If any damage occurs during the rental please advise our
Customer Service Team on 01903 235558
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm, Saturday 09.00am to 5.00pm, Sunday 10.00am to 4.00pm, excluding New Years Day, Easter Sunday and Christmas Day) so we can arrange for its repair. Then return the machine to your rental outlet advising them of the damage so they can isolate it from the other rental machines.