Terms and Conditions
RUG DOCTOR RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All of the following are material conditions of your rental agreement.
If you do not agree to them, please do not proceed with the rental.
RENTER AGREES TO:
Not use any chemicals other than those authorised and distributed by Rug Doctor in this machine. Rug Doctor Ltd cannot be held responsible for Renter’s failure to follow operating instructions or for any damage that results due to the use of non – Rug Doctor products in the equipment. Although every care is taken to ensure that your machine is in a clean condition when rented out, you are required to check the machine for cleanliness prior to leaving the rental location. Using a machine in a dirty condition may cause damage to your carpet, for which Rug Doctor cannot be responsible for. You agree to contact or report any problems you encounter during your rental directly to Rug Doctor within the agreed rental period. Retrospective contact may not always allow Rug Doctor to verify and resolve issues reported. This is an electrical appliance – DO NOT allow the machine to sit in standing water while operating. Unplug when not in use. The weight of the machine can be significantly increased and exceed 25kg when both the Red tank & White recovery tank contain water, DO NOT attempt to lift or maneuvre a machine still containing water. If you are unsure if you are able to lift the Rug Doctor machine you must seek assistance and take due care when handling any equipment.
DO NOT USE Rug Doctor machine or cleaning solutions on: natural fibre, oriental rugs (silk or wool), hand-loomed wool rugs, braided rugs, sisal, sea grass matting, jute carpets, silk, Haitian cotton, brushed corduroy, leather, non-colourfast fabrics, Berber or Flotex. If your carpet is not listed above or you are unsure if it is suitable to use our products on your carpeting/furnishings, please contact Rug Doctor Customer Services on 01903 235558 for advice prior to cleaning. You must ensure your carpet is securely fastened by either grippers or strong adhesive. Never place the machine on wood effect or laminate flooring without non-porous sheeting between the machine and the floor.
- Rental Period (24 hours or 48 hours – as booked). Return the equipment in a clean condition to the same location you rented it from by the time and date agreed during your booking herein specified as ‘Due Back’.
- Pay the rental charge 24 hours or 48 hours as booked. Late return charge of £19.16+VAT £22.49+VAT) per day – up to a maximum of £415.00+VAT (£500.00+VAT) – if the machine is not returned by the Due Back date and time.
If the equipment is not returned within the time agreed upon, Rug Doctor Ltd shall have the right to take immediate action to recover the equipment or report it as stolen to the Police. Dirty machine charge (if the equipment is not returned in a clean condition to the store) may be charged at the discretion of the rental/booking agent.
- Equipment / Product Use. Use the equipment, materials and cleaning products in a careful and prudent manner according to the instructions furnished by Rug Doctor Ltd and do not allow any other person to use the equipment without the express written permission of Rug Doctor Ltd. The machine is for domestic use only and must only be used at the address given during the booking procedure and at no other properties. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance.
If the equipment malfunctions or appears unsafe, Renter agrees to immediately discontinue its use and return it to the store. Renter understands and accepts that, to the extent permitted by law and except in the case of personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, the maximum limit of Rug Doctor Ltd.’s liability for losses or damages, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise shall be limited to the rental charge you agreed to pay for the right to use the Rug Doctor machine for the period agreed.
You understand some stains – especially if they have been dried in – can be impossible to remove.
For ordinarily soiled carpets, Rug Doctor machines are designed to deep clean and extract the waste water in one cleaning pass. You agree to avoid over-wetting and not to go over heavily soiled spots more than twice. On wool and wool mix carpets you agree to only go over them once no matter how soiled. Carpets must be allowed to dry before further cleaning is attempted.
- The Renter shall be liable if the equipment is damaged or lost whilst on hire to him or her and shall indemnify Rug Doctor Ltd for (1) all costs it suffers in undertaking recovery and/or repair, and (2) for the full value of the Equipment if it is lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair.
- The Renter agrees to return the Equipment in a clean condition within or by the agreed Due Back time and return date and understands that Rug Doctor Ltd may institute civil and/or criminal proceedings without further notice if the Equipment is not returned within 24 hours or 48 hours (as booked) of the agreed Due Back return time.
Theft or conversion of machines is a criminal offence. Rug Doctor always prosecutes theft to the fullest extent of the law.
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE Rug Doctor Ltd may use any of the information you have provided to us for the following purposes: administration of your purchase, marketing, credit checking, analysing your purchasing preferences and rental time, conducting market research surveys, and providing you with information about special offers and other services and products we offer. We search the files of credit reference agencies who will record the search. We only share your information with our group companies and the rental agent where you made the rental. We or they may contact you by mail, telephone, fax or e-mail with details of offers, products and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want to be contacted by Rug Doctor Ltd, its group companies or by the rental agent for marketing purposes, please write to The Data Protection Officer at Rug Doctor Ltd., Unit 29, Decoy Road, Timberlaine Trading Estate, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 8ND United Kingdom but remember if you do, we will not be able to notify you of special offers and promotions.
STORE FINDER Whilst we always endeavour to ensure that the data in our store finder software is correct and up to date, we can in no way be held responsible for any inaccuracies should they arise.
When you buy your Rug Doctor machine, delivery costs are included within the price.
- Delivery normally takes 2 to 3 working days.
- Free delivery applies to all mainland UK, and Northern Ireland addresses.
Quotes for other regions can be obtained by phoning Rug Doctor on
+44 (0)1903 235558.
- In order to track your shipment, please call Rug Doctor on +44 (0)1903 235558, and we will attempt to contact the delivery company for this information.
Return / refund / cancellation policy
Each Rug Doctor product you buy directly from Rug Doctor comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product within the first 30 days after having received it. If you choose to return the product during this time, just call 01903 235558 and we will arrange a free collection.
- After we receive the product back in full working order, we will process the return and refund the full purchase price.
- There are no restocking fees within this 30 day period.
- If you wish to cancel your order please contact Rug Doctor on 01903 235558.
Your order will be cancelled and a full refund issued. Your order can be cancelled at any point from the time of order, through to 30 days after delivery to you.