No, but you can rent it as an optional extra for £2.99. If you’re only cleaning large carpeted areas, you can choose to leave it at the store.
You can clean carpets, rugs, upholstery, mattresses and vehicle interiors with a Rug Doctor rental and the Hand Tool attachment. Some types of carpet and fabric may not be suitable for cleaning. Read more about what you can clean with a Rug Doctor below.
- Cut-pile carpets
- Other carpets: With extra care, you can clean wool, Berber and shag-pile carpets. Avoid overwetting carpet by only going over it once and repeat vacuum only passes. For wool/wool mix carpets, only use lukewarm water.
- Area rugs
- Upholstery and Interiors (Hand Tool)
- Mattresses (Hand Tool)
- Oriental rugs (silk or wool)
- Dry-clean only carpets
- Hand-loomed or braided rugs
- Sisal or jute carpets
- Hard floors, including tiles, wood and laminate flooring
- Natural fibre
- Sea grass matting
- Haitian cotton
- Brushed corduroy
- Non-colourfast fabrics
- Memory foam mattresses
Yes, that’s why our loyal customers across the UK regularly rent one. Find out more about our rental machines in this video:
You’re contractually obliged to return the machine before the rental expiry time. If you don’t return it by this time, some outlets may charge a late return penalty. However, genuine reasons for delay are usually treated sympathetically. Give the store a call if you anticipate a late return.
If you book online with a store that offers self-service, you’ll be provided with an in-store locker number and code for self-service. In the store, choose and purchase your cleaning solutions from the Rug Doctor display by the checkout. Then, find your assigned locker, enter your code and check the machine number matches yours. Take the machine along with a welcome pack, and you’re good to go.
Find out more about our handy self-service lockers in the video below or here.
To rent a machine, you’ll need at least two forms of ID. The ID you’ll need to take with you depends on your preferred payment method:
- Payment by credit or debit card: Bring some photo ID (valid passport or driving licence, excluding provisional) along with the card used to pay for the rental. Your fastest option!
- Payment with cash: We accept recent household bills or bank statements together with your photo driving license.
Use our handy Store Finder to locate your nearest store and either book online*, by phone or in-store. Around 90% of UK households are no more than a 10-minute drive away from an outlet! Or, you can arrange for home delivery online. Please note that the Wide Track machine is only available to rent in Homebase and B&Q stores.
*Only available for Tesco and Asda.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
* Contact Customer Services, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 6.00pm, Saturday 09.00am to 5.00pm, Sunday & Bank Holidays 10.00am to 4.00pm (excluding New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday and Christmas Day).