Search for Advice
Search through our bank of carpet cleaning tips and advice to find answers from the experts.
Ask the Rug Doctor
Rug Doctor has been helping keep carpets clean at an affordable price for generations. Over that time, we’ve collected decades worth of expert carpet cleaning tips and advice that we’d like to share with you.
I have spilt a bottle of green nail varnish on my carpet, got most of it up but stain is still there, help!
Terms & Conditions - FAQ
Terms and Conditions
This policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access and use the Rug Doctor – Ask The Rug Doctor tool (Ask the Rug Doctor). This policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, Ask The Rug Doctor.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to Ask The Rug Doctor (including question, images, name, town of residence, profile picture).
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
You may use Ask The Rug Doctor for lawful purposes only. You may not use it:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of Ask The Rug Doctor in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of Ask The Rug Doctor site;
- any equipment or network on which Ask The Rug Doctor is stored;
- any software used in the provision of Ask The Rug Doctor; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Ask The Rug Doctor is an interactive service. We moderate contributions, by manually reading each question and answer before publication to the live website. However, we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
We aim to reply to all questions within 48 hours (not including weekends), however some questions will take longer to respond to.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this policy through your use of Ask The Rug Doctor. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Ask The Rug Doctor.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to Ask The Rug Doctor.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We may revise this policy at any time.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not necessarily represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about contributions uploaded by other users please contact us on email@example.com.
Whenever you upload contributions to Ask The Rug Doctor, you must comply with the content standards.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to Ask The Rug Doctor will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
You retain all of your ownership rights in your contributions, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that contribution and to distribute and make it available to third parties. Specifically, when you upload or post contributions to Ask The Rug Doctor, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that contribution for any purpose in any media. You waive any and all moral rights in your contributions.
You acknowledge and agree that your name and town/county of residence as registered by you on Ask The Rug Doctor may be displayed on Ask The Rug Doctor alongside your contribution(s), as well as any avatar selected by you.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any contribution posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to withhold from publication, or remove, any contribution you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards.
The content on Ask The Rug Doctor is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information within Ask The Rug Doctor, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date. Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
In particular, whilst we will do what we reasonably can to help clean your carpet and avoid incurring any damage to your carpet when offering advice, unfortunately we do not know the whole situation (e.g. what carpet you may have, the weave, pile, colour etc.), so we offer these tips as guidance only and cannot be held responsible if our advice causes any damage to your carpet. All cleaning tips and advice, regardless of how gentle, cause normal wear and tear on carpet. As a result, we cannot be responsible for any wear and tear of carpet, including loss of fading, scuff of pile, or loss of partner etc. Similarly, we reserve the right to decline offering any cleaning advice if we think it will lead to trouble.
We strongly recommend that you test the advised solution on a small, hidden area of your carpet before carrying out on the main stain related area.
Your question has been sent to our support department.
Thank you for your question, we will respond to it within 2 working days.