Enter search keywords such as "rental", "licence", "damage"...
Do I need to check the plug and cable for any damage that may have occurred in transit before use?
Yes, fully unwind the cable and check there are no splits, gouges or tears. Also, inspect the plug. If you notice any faults, don’t use the machine. Return it to the rental outlet and advise them of the damage so we can arrange repair.
If you book online with a store that offers self-service, you’ll be provided with an in-store locker number and code. In the store, choose and purchase your cleaning solutions from the Rug Doctor display by the checkout. Then, find your assigned locker and enter your code. Take the machine along with a welcome pack, and you’re good to go.
Find out more about our handy self-service lockers in the video below or here.
Some rental outlets require a deposit to ensure that the machine is returned in a clean condition. The deposit amount may vary by store.
To rent a machine, you’ll need at least two forms of ID. The ID you’ll need to take with you depends on your preferred payment method:
- Payment by credit or debit card: Bring some photo ID (valid passport or driving licence, excluding provisional) along with the card used to pay for the rental. Your fastest option!
- Payment with cash: We accept recent household bills or bank statements together with your photo driving license.
The cost depends on your chosen rental period, machine type and cleaning solutions. Here’s how price varies by rental period and machine type:
24-hour rental period
- Standard Rug Doctor – around £24.99
- Wide Track machine – around £28.99
48-hour rental period
- Standard Rug Doctor – around £29.99
- Wide Track machine – around £32.99
As part of the rental, you’ll need Rug Doctor carpet detergent to use with the machine. Our range starts at just £10.99, meaning you could get a professional-level clean for as little as £35.98. Detergents can be purchased here and in store. Please note the hand tool attachment is an additional £4.99.
Use our handy Store Finder to locate your nearest store and either book online*, by phone or in-store. Around 90% of UK households are no more than a 10-minute drive away from an outlet! Or, you can arrange for home delivery online. Please note that the Wide Track machine is only available to rent in Homebase and B&Q stores.
*Only available for Tesco and Asda.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
* Contact Customer Services, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 6.00pm, Saturday 09.00am to 5.00pm, Sunday & Bank Holidays 10.00am to 4.00pm (excluding New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday and Christmas Day).