Enter search keywords such as "rental", "licence", "damage"...
You can clean carpets, rugs, upholstery, mattresses and vehicle interiors with a Rug Doctor rental and the Hand Tool attachment. Some types of carpet and fabric may not be suitable for cleaning. Read more about what you can clean with a Rug Doctor below.
- Cut-pile carpets
- Other carpets: With extra care, you can clean wool, Berber and shag-pile carpets. Avoid overwetting carpet by only going over it once and repeat vacuum only passes. For wool/wool mix carpets, only use lukewarm water.
- Area rugs
- Upholstery and Interiors (Hand Tool)
- Mattresses (Hand Tool)
- Oriental rugs (silk or wool)
- Dry-clean only carpets
- Hand-loomed or braided rugs
- Sisal or jute carpets
- Hard floors, including tiles, wood and laminate flooring
- Natural fibre
- Sea grass matting
- Haitian cotton
- Brushed corduroy
- Non-colourfast fabrics
- Memory foam mattresses
You’re contractually obliged to return the machine before the rental expiry time.
To rent a machine, you’ll need at least two forms of ID. The ID you’ll need to take with you depends on your preferred payment method:
- Payment by credit or debit card: Bring some photo ID (valid passport or driving licence, excluding provisional) along with the card used to pay for the rental. Your fastest option!
- Payment with cash: We accept recent household bills or bank statements together with your photo driving license.
It takes around two to four hours for carpets to dry after a Rug Doctor clean. However, this depends on ventilation to the room, whether the room is unheated and the outside temperature.
The machine vacuums up about 80% of the water it dispenses on to the carpet. For quicker results, you can go over the carpet without holding the red spray button to soak up more water.
No, but you can rent it as an optional extra for £4.99. The Hand Tool is ideal for upholstery, stairs, car interiors and even certain mattresses.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
* Contact Customer Services, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 6.00pm, Saturday 09.00am to 5.00pm, Sunday & Bank Holidays 10.00am to 4.00pm (excluding New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday and Christmas Day).