When trying to remove a fruit juice spill from your carpet, the first thing is to make sure you have removed as much liquid as possible. You can do this by blotting the spillage with a paper towel or clean cloth.
The next ideal step would be to apply our Rug Doctor Spot and Stain Remover spray to the area and follow the instructions on the bottle.
However if you don’t have this to hand, follow these steps to try and help remove the immediate stain.
- Blot away as much moisture as possible using a paper towel or clean cloth. DO NOT rub in a circular motion as this can spread the stain.
- Spray the stain with lukewarm water and blot the liquid away again.
- Mix 2/3 cup of water with 1/2 cup of white household vinegar. Mix the solution together and spray directly to the stain.
- Apply lukewarm water to the stain again and blot away using a paper towel or clean cloth.
- Finally, use tap water and a damp cloth to clean the area. Work from the outside inwards, to make sure you don’t spread the stain.
- Place dry towels to the area and place a heavy object on top of the towel to help soak up any remaining liquid. Leave this for a few hours.
We recommend that the above steps be used as an interim solution to the immediate stain. To help remove the stain completely from your carpet, use our Rug Doctor Spot and Stain Remover spray. It solves nearly every kind of commonly occurring spill or stain – keep it on hand.