Thank you for your question. We have a few different products that could remove the make-up stain. Please find the links to the products below:
These should help remove the stain.
However, if you don’t have any of the above to hand, here are some immediate alternative, interim solutions:
1. Scoop up any excess makeup using a clean cloth, paper towel or spoon.
2. As there are many different types of makeup, here are specific solutions you can mix when tackling the different stains:
Nail polish: non-acetone nail polish remover (no-color, no fragrance)
Foundation (liquid): 3% hydrogen peroxide solution
Eye-liner and mascara: 1 cup of warm water with 1/4 teaspoon of washing up liquid
Lipstick: paint remover or rubbing alcohol
Make sure you test these solutions on an inconspicuous area of the carpet first before applying to the stain.
3. After you’ve created your solution, add a small amount of the solution to a clean, damp white cloth.
4. Blot the makeup stain with the cloth. It’s important to apply pressure whilst blotting to lift as much of the makeup out of the carpet as possible.
5. Repeat steps 1 to 4 until the makeup stain is no longer visible.
6. Once the stain has been removed, spray the affected area with water to rinse out any solution and blot once more.
We recommend that you follow the above steps with one of our Rug Doctor sprays to ensure the stain is completely removed.